Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the policy on carryover hours? Are there any?
- No carryover hours.
- What is the procedure for being placed in Inactive Status? How long can my license be inactive?
- Any individual licensee who is not currently in practice and who wishes to
place his or her license on the inactive list may remain on this list for a
period not to exceed four (4) years without reexamination. After the time
allowed, all inactive licensees shall meet current requirements for
licensure and must successfully complete an examination recognized by
the board before resuming the active practice of massage therapy. Any
individual licensee who has been placed on the inactive list for fewer than
four (4) years and who wishes to reactivate his or her license shall follow
the procedures for license renewal, present satisfactory evidence of
completion of continuing education hours for the inactive period, and pay
all appropriate fees prior to resuming the active practice of massage
*If you are placed on inactive status, you must still renew your license every 2 years.
- If I take an Arkansas approved class, but it's out of state, will I get Arkansas credit for that class?
- Do we still use the affidavit that came with our renewals?
- No. The affidavit says that you will have your 18 continuing education hours completed by December 31, 2009 and postmarked by January 15, 2010. Since these dates have already passed, the affidavit is not needed. This affidavit was created for therapists whose birthdays fell between July 2009 – December 2009. Renewals forms are online for your convenience.
- Is it okay for me to start getting my continuing education for my next renewal?
- It really depends on when your birthday is. Since we can no longer
accept carryover hours, you need to make sure that your birthday (for this
renewal period) has already passed before you get your continuing education
*The renewals began July 1, 2009 and will end June 30, 2010.
Today is April 19, 2010. My birthday is June 28th. I am not able to start getting continuing education courses for my next renewal until after my birthday – June 28th.
Today is April 19, 2010. My birthday is April 3rd. Since my birthday has already passed for my renewal, I am able to start getting my continuing education courses for my next renewal.